National Register Properties in Oklahoma

TRAHERN'S STATION

For more information Click here                                                                                                                      Close Window                                       

Image may be distorted  for Actual Size Image :- Click Here  Click For Full Size Image TRAHERN'S STATION

 

 

 

DESCRIPTION: TRAHERN'S STATION, ALSO KNOWN AS THE COUNCIL HOUSE, WAS ONE OF TWELVE STOPS ON THE BUTTERFIELD OVERLAND MAIL ROUTE THROUGH INDIAN TERRITORY. THE STATION WAS IN OPERATION BETWEEN 1858 AND 1861 AND CONSISTED OF A RESIDENCE, A CEMETERY, AND AT LEAST ONE STORE. TODAY, ONLY A FEW TOMBSTONES FROM THE CEMETERY REMAIN. LISTED IN NATIONAL REGISTER 4/25/1972.

NR ID Number 72001073

Historic Name

TRAHERN'S STATION

Current Name

SAME

Project Name 

Latitude 0
Longitude 0

Address

C 9M W OF SHADYPOINT

City

SHADY POINT VICINITY

County

LEFLORE

County code

079

Lot

Block

Section

Township

Range

Type BUILDING
Historic Function  COMMERCE / TRADE: DEPARTMENT STORE: GENERAL STORE
Current Function VACANT/NOT IN USE
Area Significance 1 COMMUNICATION/COMMERCE
Area Significance 2 TRANSPORTATION
Architect / Builder UNKNOWN
Date Prepared  DECEMBER 1971
Year Built 1858
Original Site  YES
Architectural  Style UNCOLLECTED
Roof Material  N/A
Wall Material N/A
Window Material  N/A
Door Material N/A
Decorative Detail
Condition RUINS

 
Comments:-

Top                                                                                                                                                                            Close Window