National Register Properties in Oklahoma

OKLAHOMA, NEW MEXICO & PACIFIC RAILROAD DEPOT

For more information Click here                                                                                                                      Close Window                                       

Complete National Register Site Documentation: Click Here

 

Image may be distorted  for Actual Size Image :- Click Here  Click For Full Size Image OKLAHOMA, NEW MEXICO & PACIFIC RAILROAD DEPOT

 

 

 

DESCRIPTION: CONSTRUCTED IN 1915 AS THE WESTERN TERMINUS OF THE OKLAHOMA, NEW MEXICO, & PACIFIC RAILROAD COMPANY, THE RAIL LINE NEVER MADE IT PAST RINGLING, OKLAHOMA. HERE IT DIVERTED NORTH TO SERVE THE HUGE HEALDTON OIL FIELD. JOHN RINGLING (OF CIRCUS FAME) SOLD THE RAILROAD OUT TO THE SANTA FE IN 1926. THE OLD DEPOT WAS SOLD TO THE AMERICAN LEGION IN 1976. LISTED IN NATIONAL REGISTER 7/22/82.

NR ID Number 82003671

Historic Name

OKLAHOMA, NEW MEXICO & PACIFIC RAILROAD DEPOT

Current Name

RINGLING ROAD STATION

Project Name 

Latitude 34.17644
Longitude -97.12691

Address

CORNER OF WASHINGTON AND NORTHEST THIRD

City

ARDMORE

County

CARTER

County code

019

Lot

5

Block

246
Section 30

Township

4S

Range

2E
Type BUILDING
Historic Function  RAIL RELATED
Current Function MEETING HALL
Area Significance 1 ARCHITECTURE
Area Significance 2 TRANSPORTATION
Architect / Builder UNKNOWN
Date Prepared  DECEMBER 1, 1981
Year Built 1915
Original Site  YES
Architectural  Style RENNAISSANCE REVIVAL
Roof Material  ASPHALT
Wall Material BRICK
Window Material  WOOD
Door Material WOOD
Decorative Detail TIE-ROD ENDINGS AND A STONE INSERT IN THE FRONT OF THE BUILDING WITH THE WORDS, "RINGLING ROAD STATION".
Condition EXCELLENT

 
Comments:-

Top                                                                                                                                                                            Close Window